The past week has been a most impressive collage of frustrating, fantastic, strange, and revealing moments. It's hard for me to put it all together in a nice, narrative blog, so here are some highlights that will hopefully help you see what I'm getting at:Last weekend Chad and I ripped up our bathroom floor and laid new tile. I will have a big blog about that once it's all done, but suffice it to say there were moments I thought we had made a big mistake in undertaking something like this. I worried and worried about it, thinking we would never be able to do it ourselves. But somewhere along the line a thought came to me that we're blessed even to be able to have this problem, let alone the luxury of a roof over our heads, a warm bed, etc. I don't know if I would have appreciated that so much had we not undertaken that project.
I ended my last full week of work on Friday. It doesn't really feel like it--I have to keep reminding myself that tomorrow I will go to work at the theatre! My coworkers threw me a surprise sandwich bar going away party, which made me feel very special. I'll miss everyone there...it's not your average office in terms of how everyone works together and gets along. I would be very fortunate to find another job in an office like that someday.
Yesterday, among other things, Chad and I 1.) sold our big couch (which Chad is currently mourning the loss of), 2.) got a new (used) oven free from my coworker Jessica! (See, I told you my office is awesome) 3.) sold all 4 of our Hawks tickets to games we couldn't attend. These were three things that were on our big check list, and they were accomplished with far more ease than we had ever imagined.
All of this came down to one overwhelming thought for me. We really are moving to L.A. That is a scary yet exciting yet sad thought: fodder for another entry altogether. But it is really happening. Really. I can only hope and pray that the rest of our preparations go as smoothly as they have thus far.
Tonight we're having a little 'Downstage Left Reunion" of sorts...Charles, Erika and Tyler are coming over for dinner! I'm looking forward to catching up with them and getting my mind off of the bathroom floor. Maybe I should figure out what to make...

4 comments:
Lindsay- you look so cute in your costume! That is a costume, right?
I can't remember- do you own your home in Ballard? If not, why were you working on the floor? Maybe it's a condo- so sad, I've never seen it in person!
Yes! i was a fairy and/or butterfly dependong on who you asked...
We own our place in Queen Anne (a co-op actually, like a condo only a little different) and we are getting it ready to sell before we move!
did you used to live in Ballard?
don't know where I got that.
Fun, a co-op! Does that mean you share a kitchen with others?
We did live in Ballard for a while, but moved to Queen Anne about a year and a half ago.
We have our own kitchen in unit, but we have shared laundry and a community guest room. The main difference between a condo and a co-op is the corporate structure basically. Love to explain it sometime!
Post a Comment