
Despite a lack of updates, life in L.A. clips along at an alarming pace. I cannot believe it is already autumn (and not only because it is 85 degrees and sunny out). Time absolutely whizzes by here, and I am honestly not sure if that is because every day is exactly the same (sunny, smoggy & hot) or because every day is completely different (basically what amounts to having a new job everyday).
Regardless, of course things have been happening. I'm still doing background work, which I have a like/hate relationship with. On one hand it is low-paying, un-glamourous, and requires long hours. On the other hand it is the easiest job I have ever had, I get fed, and it's a way to possibly move up and on in the acting world. Some days I really just want to stop and find another way, but other days I realize that it is pretty freaking cool to be on a movie or tv set... Not sure where I'm going with that, but there you have it... I guess that's working background: not sure where I'm going.
There are some shows coming up that you might glimpse my little face in (and some have already aired actually). I've glimpsed myself on Greek nearly every episode so far, and Chad and I were seen a little on Boston Legal's season premiere a couple days ago. Kinda neat to see yourself on tv! And I know there are several more things coming up pretty soon...I'll post them here, and also try to post clips in case shows like Nip/Tuck aren't quite your cup of tea (they sure aren't mine!)
Chad, Tyler and I were also in one of those ubiquitous Verizon commercials, as part of "the network". Here's some lovely photo of us in our Verizon gear and hard hats. Taken with a cell phone (Verizon!), so the quality isn't great.

We spent the entire afternoon on a sweltering dock in San Pedro to make that commercial, and I'm positive you won't see any of us, but we did get to see the Verizon guy! And those famous glasses!!
Even neater, I worked one of my favorite shows, How I Met Your Mother, and small-talked with Neil Patrick Harris a bit (who I love on that show.) He was super friendly, and the three guys did nothing but joke around in between takes. Really great, friendly set... I hope I get to work it again!
We're taking a road trip to Phoenix this weekend to visit Jim, Patti, Grandma O'Brien, Julia, Erina and Sinclaire. I really can't wait--it should be a lot of fun to see everyone, hang out in the pool and just get out of LA. Now we've just got to figure out how to incorporate our training for the LA Half-Marathon into our mini-vacation...
Did I mention we were training for a half-marathon?
1 comment:
half marathon? whoah.
yes, post some clips...or send me the link to see it online. I want to see my famous family!
Post a Comment