Thursday, June 18, 2009

Quick update and thence - To The Phoenix!

Dropping by for a quick how-dyah-do, as we are on our way to Phoenix for three wonderful days visiting with Jim, Patti, Grandma O, Erina, Jeff, Sinclaire and Campbell! Whew!! It's gonna be a full house. And a full pool. :) Chad and I love taking road trips together, and golly have we taken a few. It'll be so nice to get out of LA for a bit, and we can't wait to see our family for the first time in six months, especially those little nieces!!

Things have been rather busy around here I'd say! Chad did a commercial, I shot a short movie for the web (coming soon!), and the both of us have been going out on a good number of auditions. In fact, Erika and I are interviewing to become members of a theatre company on Sunday, and I have callback for "The Seagull" on Monday, a play I have always wanted to do. Not sure if any of it will work out of course, but the nice thing is that if one thing doesn't pan out around here there is ALWAYS something else just around the corner.

(On set for "The Set Up", the short I did.)

We start our official marathon training program on Monday, which is pretty exciting, too! I think we'll be running between 16 and 30 miles per week - not too much, so hopefully I won't injure myself. But I gotta new plan that includes lots of core and strength training, which has already seemed to help. I also discovered this amazing online tool that helps me track my training, nutrition, everything! Now if only I had a Garmin , then I would be the hardcore running nerd I aspire to be.

I tell ya, there are so many different great things on the horizon right now, so many different paths to take! I drive myself absolutely crazy trying to figure out what I'll do down each path, when I know I should just take the journey and figure it all out when I get there. God has such amazing plans for each of us, and I know we never quite understand the scope and magnitude of it all. But He does! And I'm trying to trust in that through all my excitement and live in the now.

And now we are going to Phoenix!

No comments: