It's been a busy few months here in LA, and the end is finally in sight! More specifically a break is in sight for me - my classes are over in just two weeks, and after that I look forward to my schedule calming down significantly. I am definitely learning a lot and growing as an interpreter - I just can't wait to actually be working instead of in class all the time! But unfortunately that will have to wait until I'm done with the program next June.
We had a lovely, stress-free Thanksgiving among friends, spent once again at the home of our dear friends Dave and Mandy. We ate outside on their new deck, trying to keep the setting sun out of our eyes - that is a Southern California Thanksgiving for you.
Chad and I made pies again - Chad made Grandma's apple pie recipe (he is very proud to do it all himself) and I made my favorite pumpkin pie recipe (out of my behemoth America's Test Kitchen book.) They turned out great and nary a speck was left by the end of the night! I also tried my hand at stuffing for the first time, and I have to say I was very pleased with the result! I wish there were more excuses to eat it year round...
So now we are looking towards Christmas, and are very excited to get back north and spend time with our family and friends in a proper winter climate. We also have some fun stuff planned for my birthday, including plans to see Les Miserables and tickets to see the Nutcracker at PNB (which I haven't seen in years and Chad has never seen.) Boy, I feel spoiled already!
Hope you are all enjoying the holiday season so far! I'm getting there, myself.... Now I'm going to grab some more tea and try to kick this little chest congestion that seems to have snuck up on me overnight. Can't go getting sick now!



No comments:
Post a Comment