Hello! No lions hanging about on this first day of March - we've got sunny and 80's in the forecast for today and the entire weekend, actually. Normally I turn up my nose at such "unseasonable" weather, but for some reason I'm savoring it this time. It's not too cold in the morning, not too hot during the day, and the apartment temperature stays at a nice equilibrium the entire day. We throw the windows open all day, too, which keeps our feline residents happy.
It's been about a month since my last post, and I suppose there have been a few noteworthy events in that time. I filmed another episode of "Switched at Birth", which will be airing on Monday, March 4th. It's the groundbreaking "all-ASL" episode, so it's kind of cool to have been involved with, even if my part is very small (and could very well end up on the cutting room floor.) If I do end up in the episode, it will be as an interpreter in a scene with Marlee Matlin (!) towards the beginning. So if you watch, keep your eyes peeled. :)
I'll be acting in a short film that a friend is producing later this month - again as an interpreter. This seems to be my new niche? At any rate, it seems like a very neat project and I'm pleased to be working with some of my favorite actors and friends again!
We had a fun day at Disneyland a few weeks ago with our friends Erika and Tyler and their little boy. We explored the new Cars Land in California Adventure, which was actually pretty rad. We waited in line for about an hour for the big attraction (the Radiator Springs Racers) but it was totally worth it - lots of fun. :) I adore Disneyland, but Chad is not a huge fan - he prefers the big ol' monster roller coasters at Six Flags (which I love just as much, but my vertigo decidedly does NOT.)
I started up interpreting classes again at Pierce College last month. I have to say, I really do love interpreting. I get frustrated at times, and I can be very hard on myself when I feel I am not succeeding, but overall I know this is definitely something I want to continue doing. That being said, I am very happy this is my last semester! The time commitment definitely of school + full-time work takes a toll, and I'm ready for Chad to stop making fun of me for going to be at 9pm.
I'm still running, but my schedule makes it difficult to get a regular routine going. We ran another race last month, the Surf City Half-Marathon in Huntington Beach. I didn't feel great, and my time was a personal worst, but hey - you get what you train for! The best part was supporting our friend, Ryan, who was running his first full marathon. With that race starting an hour before ours (and the fact that Ryan is super fast) we finished about the same time and were able to greet him at the finish line. He did so great!
Now I am considering doing the Seattle Marathon in November, but we'll have to see if I can get the miles in this summer/fall. There is also a weekend of trail races on Orcas Island in October that are really intriguing to Chad and me, so we'll see if we can swing that, too. :)
Also we got a new car! It was sad to say goodbye to our old, trusty '96 Subaru, but it was time. And we're very happy with our new Ford!
Happy almost-spring to all of you out there! Hope your March is more lamb than lion!





2 comments:
I just set the DVR to record the ASL episode of Switched at Birth tonight! That's so awesome, and great that you're feeling like you've found your niche.
Thanks, Rachel! I'm worried they'll cut me out, but we'll just have to see. :) Regardless, it is going to be a very cool episode and I can't wait to see it!
Post a Comment