Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Northbound

I've been scarce around here lately, I know - lots of stuff going on between work, finishing up school (DONE!), and planning for the future - a future that is mostly centered around our impending move north, back to Seattle!

Yes, we are returning to the good ol' PNW as Chad will be starting an MBA in Sustainability at Bainbridge Graduate Institute this fall. Half of me is excited for the change, the other half is pretty sad to be leaving Los Angeles. As much as I hated this place when we first got here, it really has grown on me over the past 5+ years (!) and I will miss it. Mostly I will miss the people (I think we have literally the best group of friends in the world here in LA), but I'll also miss the easy access to so much "stuff" - especially all the running, hiking, and camping that is right in our backyard, and the consistently nice weather to enjoy it in!

Three major things we will miss: Erika, Tyler, and Griffith Park!
So we're in the process of getting everything ready for the big move right now, and we'll be leaving very early next Tuesday morning - me driving our car with the kitties and Chad driving the moving truck. Hopefully we'll be rolling into to town and moving into our new Fremont digs on the 12th or 13th! Our new place is an adorable apartment on a quiet street, just a few blocks from the Burke Gilman (and you KNOW we're excited about that!) I'm itching to get in there and start getting settled!

I'm still looking for full time work (got a few leads, and I know more will come), but very happily my current job is letting me telecommute part-time through the summer (or until I find a job). In addition to that I'm *hoping* to find some interpreting work through a few of the agencies in Seattle. Chad is working with a start-up tech company in Seattle which is shaping up to be very promising, and he's also been doing some front of house work with ACT Theatre on the side - just to make ends meet. Somewhere between all that we will pay the bills!

Our first summer in Seattle in a long time is already getting filled up with fun activities! We're going camping on the Oregon coast at the end of June with friends, doing a 24-hour relay from Blaine to Langley in July, and plan on a lot of running, hiking, camping, and reconnecting with family and friends!



No comments: