
Confession: I have not always been a big fan of Autumn.
Scandalous, no? A lot of people love this season, but I have not always been one of those people. For a long time I resisted even liking the months of September, October and especially November. But a couple of years ago I realized I had been kidding myself, and that I actually do indeed like this time of year. It's not my favorite; no, that honor goes to uncontested to winter. In fact, I think the reason I never really liked autumn was because all it was doing was standing the way of winter. But of late I've come to appreciate the chilly mornings, turning leaves, blustery days, and the return of Satsuma oranges.
And piles of pumpkins.

And Football.

So well done, autumn. You're doing a good job afterall, and I'm sorry for all those years I complained about you and your associated holidays. Did I mention I used to have a major problem with Thanksgiving?
This weekend we are off to a wedding I have been anticipating for what feels like forever. Our very good friends are getting married, and they're having a very fall themed outdoor (weather permitting) wedding. It's going to be absolutely beautiful, and a raging good time. I'll return with pictures!
3 comments:
I'm glad you've come to see the light, darling.
Isn't Chad cute?
Autumn has mine AND your husbands birthdays..how could you NOT love it?
I will admitt, I was never a huge fan of Halloween or Thanksgiving, but I'm coming around on the later.
I am so glad that you are seeing the light, just think of the fall as the anticipation of winter...personally winter gets a bit long for me.
Oh and Jenny forgot to mention the 6 other family birthday's that just happen to be in fall including mine :)...so is it just me or does Chad have an issue with carving pumpkins? He looks kind of po'd in the picture!
Post a Comment