I had a disasterous full time temp job at a medical office for about two weeks that, though it was not all that horrible a job, made me feel like Garth in "Wayne's World" when that guy is giving him a haircut with his dustbuster/haircutter...("It's sucking my will to live!") So that is all over, and I've learned a couple valuable lessons. Lesson #1: For me, there is an inverse relationship between distance/time driving to work and job satisfaction. I've made a little graph to demonstrate:
I just cannot be happy driving 45 minutes to an hour to get to work, particularly when it is nothing but stop and go traffic and on a clear day it should take me 20 minutes. No thank you.
Lesson #2: I gotta speak up. I never should have accepted this job in the first place since it was temp to hire, full time, and working in Beverly Hills, and I did not want any of those things.
Lesson #3: No more temp agencies. At least not the one I went with this time. They were bossy (with a smile) and bullied me (with a smile) into sticking with this job way longer than I wanted to. In the end I don't think they were really concerned with what I wanted, but with how their company appeared to their clients.
Anyway, it's in the past and I am moving on! I have a final interview for a fantastic part-time office assistant job on Tuesday, it's a 10 minute drive with wonderful people and higher pay. I am pretty excited about it. It would still allow me to audition and take classes, and maybe even do background everyone once in a while. Things are looking up!
Another nice thing is that fall has finally arrived in LA. It's rained a little, and some days it has been downright chilly! (To SoCal standards, that is.) I love it, but in some ways it makes me miss Seattle even more. There's just no comparison. In my head I am already counting the days until we fly up for Christmas. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment