Friday, October 16, 2009

Farewell Midsummer (Finally!)

5 months after our first performance of Midsummer Night's Dream at Theatricum Botanicum we are finally finished! I had a fun summer (slash autumn) out there, though I must admit I did have mixed feelings about the production at times. Perhaps my experience was colored by the long drive to get out there coupled with the lack of any pay, but in the end it was a good time, I met good people and I am now at 38 Weeks on my EMC Card. 12 to go!


I have very few photos of me in my fairy get up, but I thought I'd share what I do have.




Here's a photo of the theatre itself. Really gorgeous space set right in the trees...




Now I have some exciting news: Chad and I have both been cast in a play! It's one of Chad's absolute favorites (and I love it too) called "The Last Days of Judas Iscariot" - a very interesting take on that particular story that plays out in a courtroom with biblical and other historical figures taking the stand against or in defense of Judas. Chad will play St. Thomas (and other characters, he can't remember which ones - there are a million!) and I play Mary Magdalene and Mother Theresa (!). I'm really looking forward to this - we start next week!

No comments: