Friday, June 18, 2010

One down, nine to go...

Congratulations to me! I survived my first week of full-time day job drudgery! Time to celebrate like a Lakers fan!



Full-time life was not too bad in the end, though I admit I've been struggling to stay conscious today due to a couple late nights and busy days this week. But TGIF, am I right?!

One of those late nights was for a dramatic short film I was cast in - yay! Aside from location problems (we were guerilla shooting and got the boot whilst filming by some railroad tracks) it was a fairly easy shoot, and the director, etc were all fantastic to work with. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product and of course will share it here!

I also had a callback this week for a short feature, and felt pretty good about it... I always feel far more at ease after a callback than after a first audition... I think because I know there is nothing more I can to help my chances - it's all up to them! And as Chad likes to say, 'it's just between me and the other guy'. Or, as I like to say, I've got a 50/50 chance. :) BUT I really like this script/story, and the director/creative team have been ridiculously nice and very easy to work with, so I'd be ecstatic to book this one. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You might have said this already, but where are you working? Congrats on the callback! Fingers are crossed.

Unknown said...

now TWO weeks down? good work! the end is in sight ;)

Lewy said...

Two and a half now! Keeping that glass half full...