Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another L.A. Story

I feel like I probably overlook a lot of the weirder things that happen in L.A., because if I stopped to remark on each one I would risk becoming a Seinfeld-type persona, dissecting the "excruciating minutiae" of every bizarre encounter.

But some things are too absurd not to remark on, and included in this category is The Balloon.


What the heck is this? It appeared outside my living room window the other day, taking up the entire courtyard for the better part of an afternoon as two of my neighbors repeatedly filled and deflated it with some kind of cacophonous pump. I still have no idea what it was for, and my curiosity, though strong, wasn't strong enough to go out there and ask. Lest they try to "balloon boy" me or something.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

ha ha, i can't believe you didn't ask...and it was right outside your door!