Last Saturday we woke up with the sun to film a dramatic short written and directed by Tyler, produced by Chad, DP'd by Dom and starring Erika, Tyler, and yours truly. I was very impressed with us that we were able to get all of our coverage done in just 6 hours (which was all the time we had because of my Pinocchio matinee that afternoon). Most of the setups actually took place in a moving car, which is tricky without any kind of mount for the dashboard, so I'd say we did pretty good for ourselves in the end!
The main goal of this film was to make it into a "SAG New Media" project, which is a relatively new backdoor way for a non-union actor to obtain Screen Actors Guild membership eligibility (SAG-e). Most casting directors and agents will not even look at you if you are not at least SAG-e, so it's kind of a big deal - and normally a pain in the butt to get. Here's the background [pun] on how most people become eligible.) So, since Tyler and I are impatient to go SAG-e, we decided to give this approach a go. Chad, as producer, filled out the hours and hours paperwork you need to be legit, we filmed the short, and now we are editing and waiting to hear back from SAG that Tyler and I are officially SAG-e. Phew!
Here are some production stills from the shoot that Chad took. Check out how hardcore my character is. Nice to be playing someone with an edge for once. :)
Fingers crossed we did everything right and you'll be looking at an SAG eligible actor in just a few weeks!






2 comments:
Eighty four!
I know I said it before (I may not have), but I'll say it again (unless I said it before), but casting massively-talented actors makes the job of a director/writer a billion times easier.
Now we'll see if I can find a way to actually edit this damn thing...
"You never told me!"
Well, I'd say you were a top drawer writer/director, and when you have someone like you behind the wheel (LOL!!!!) it makes the actors' jobs pretty darn easy too. :)
Just don't forget those star fades and airplane wipes.
Post a Comment