I am currently understudying two amazing roles in a controversial play called "Double Falsehood" with Coeurage Theatre Company, a fantastic little company that has been producing some great theatre in LA over the past couple years.
Deeming it "controversial" seems a bit misleading, since the controversy is over the authorship and not some kind of risque content, but for the dyed-in-the-wool Shakespeare experts, controversial is exactly what it is! There is furious debate and serious disagreement over exactly how involved ol' Bill was in the crafting of this particular play. I honestly don't have a feeling one way or t'other, though both Chad and I agree that some parts sound pretty un-Shakespearean. I like the play, even with it's flaws (maybe FOR it's flaws), and I'm excited to be a part of it's West-Coast Premiere! (Yes, you read that right.)
![]() |
| Rehearsing - Me as Violante (in disguise as Florio, the shepherd boy) |
Most importantly, I'm having great time learning these two strong women's roles! I have never truly understudied before, and I admit it is a little weird to feel like part of the cast and yet not part of the cast... But they have been very welcoming to me, and are wonderful people to work with.
![]() |
| "By no means! What? Commit Self-Murther?" |
This week I was very lucky to have the chance to jump up on stage and rehearse one of the roles, as the actress playing that role was out for three days. Both roles require some fighting/stunt work, so any extra time I get to become comfortable with those physical elements is VERY welcome.
I'm looking forward to my two guaranteed performances (one for each character) whenever they happen!


2 comments:
Excellent! Keep us posted as to when you will go on!
I just love theater!!!
Kisses and God bless you.
Post a Comment