Friday, October 21, 2011

Update Shmupdate

My blog feels a little neglected lately! Should probably post something, even though there is little to report...

That's not really true, but most days that's what it feels like - just chugging along, doing what I can, and hoping some good news will ring my phone or hit my inbox. Occasionally it actually does! But not recently. :)
Tonight I have my first performance as an understudy in Coeurage Theatre Company's Double Falsehood. I'm pretty excited, sort of nervous, and absolutely ready to be onstage again. This experience has been a valuable one, not least of all because it has forced me to do most of "the work" on my own, without actual rehearsal to rely on for discovery, memorization, and finding the emotional life in a role. Admittedly, that is what I have done up until now, but the truth is that so many acting gigs do not allow you that kind of leisure (both in professional theatre and TV/film). So it's been good for me to be forced to work on my own and work quickly - for TWO different roles, no less.

We've booked our tickets home to Seattle for Christmas, and if you know me, you know exactly how stoked I am. These last few years we've only been able to get back home once a year, and darn it if we don't make the most of it! I wish October and November would just get over with already so we can see our family and friends, and our wonderful city we still call "home"... However, I am also turning 30 in December, so maybe I should enjoy these last few months before I leave my 20's forever... :)

On a final note, Chad and I recently found out we won a week-long, all-expense paid trip to Puerto Vallarta. In June of next year, I am going to be sitting in this chair:



No comments: