By my count I think this is our fourth day in Los Angeles, but it feels as though we left Seattle weeks ago, it seems so far away. That's probably because everything is completely different here. I'm betting it's even more different than I know right now, since our lives so far have been basically limited to putting our house together. I did go with everyone to run some errands the other day, but besides that I have been either sick in bed or organizing our many consolidated belongings. It's been nice to work with Erika on a lot of that--she is so great with all this "home" stuff that I feel just hopeless with at times. Together the four of us have put together a nice little place! I'll have pictures very soon, I promise! For now, here is a picture of the view out our bedroom window. As you can see we have a nice view of the hills...before the smog sets in, that is.

I failed to mention before that our Seattle-turned-L.A. friends Matt and Gusta were generous enough help us unload our moving truck the day we moved in. What a HUGE blessing. And no small feat either, as we have not 1, not 2, but 3 sets of stairs to get up to our unit. Matt even came by and helped more the next day (when Tyler and I were essentially useless due to this bohemeth cold/flu whatever it is we are still getting over). They live not 2 miles from us, so hopefully we will see a lot of them! They also have a lot of encouraging words and seem to be getting along well here, which is much needed with this huge transition.
The kitties are handling the transition better than we thought they would! Better than us, actually. Of course there are some cat fights and hissing to deal with (particularly over food-related issues) but overall everyone is surprisingly laid back. We had worried that a big move, combined with living with other cats for the first time would change our boys, but they are the same crazy felines we know, and they still have their little idiosyncracies that we love (as well as the ones that we don't love, like Gob eating plastic bags.)

I am feeling much better healthwise now, though I've developed a horrible cough that won't give me (or Chad) a moment's peace. Thanks for all the well wishes from everyone! I could definitely use your prayers right now for health so I can start focusing on the reason we came down here in the first place!
2 comments:
my love to you all! Be well, and I hope to hear about your adventures when you have a chance --
hearts and kitties.
Petus
Good to hear that all the kitties settled in okay. Beat this cold, sissy! Show it the family resistance to illness!
HUGS (as long as it doesn't get me sick too....)
:D
Kerry
Post a Comment