Sunday, March 2, 2008

Initial alienation

We are certainly back in Seatown! And as you can see we have been having fun exploring all the fun features on our new camera, especially the panorama function. I love new toys...

As I think I said before it is a little weird to be back home, but it's been nice to notice all these little things that somehow we forgot in just two short months... like the mountains and the water so close together, the fresh, crisp air, how the space needle soars over the Center like a giant exclamation point, how nice it can be to sit bundled up with a cup of tea on a chilly evening, how the steam rises off my bowl of oatmeal in the morning, and definitely how easy it is to drive when you know exactly where you are going and exactly how you are going to get there without searching for street signs.

Rehearsals are going really well. I'm finally feeling a bit more at ease and comfortable. It is always difficult me in the first week to feel like I fit in when I don't know anyone, and it's always a relief when that initial alienation is gone.

The cast & crew & staff are wonderful: talented, professional, friendly and fun. I really believe it is going to be a touching and powerful show. Lucy, the girl who plays Anne, is pretty great and absolutely perfect for the role. In fact, everyone falls into their roles very comfortably, which is a sure sign of talented actors and good casting. My particular challenge is not to disappear amongst all these other dynamic actors... My character is inherently shy and rarely speaks, and the trap exists for her to match the wallpaper. I'll have to be creative in that regard... good thing that's my job, to create!

We're having a good time at Scott and Holly's--they're treating us very well, and we are all SUPER busy so it's been very easy living with them. What a fantastic couple! I tell ya, we are so blessed...

I have a feeling our time here in Seattle will pass very quickly, and in no time we'll be whisking ourselves away to our little whiskered boys back in L.A.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

ooh, is that your room? I will warn you...your room at the Gough house will not be "that" lived in, nor creative.

We're looking forward to having you here ;)

Lewy said...

we are so excited to come stay with you soon! and let me tell you, we are not picky! :) A roof over our heads and we are happy as a couple of clams.