Monday, February 25, 2008

70%!

I did better than I thought! I went 7/10 with my Oscar predictions, and as for the ones I got wrong: my "should win" picks took those categories! I was really pleased that Marion Cotillard won best actress, and you could tell she was so genuinely grateful for the honor. I almost cried when she won! And No Country for Old Men definitely got the recognition it deserved, though I wish the Coen Bros. had showed a little more enthusiasm for winning three categories. It's probably just how they are, but dang--if that was me I would be freaking out. Tilda Swinton’s win was a total stab in the dark for me, but it worked!

Overall it was a nice Oscars...nothing crazy really, nothing too over-the-top. Jon Stewart was surprisingly even in his subject matter. I liked the montages, I liked the presenters, as usual I was a little bored by the musical numbers... But every year that I watch the Oscars I feel a little bit more that desire to be a part of it… Not necessarily to be “a winner” (although of course I’ve thought about that—who hasn’t!) but just to be a part of the excitement, glitz and glamour. Sigh…maybe someday, eh?

We had a nice little quiet night with my mom & the animals. Our old dog Juju is…well, getting older, despite the fact that she still runs around and plays like a puppy. She’s going decidedly deaf, and subsequently barks and snores louder than ever. Kiddo, my step-dad’s Siamese/tabby cat, is a scrawny little knock-kneed feline specimen. He weighs about as much as our boys did as kittens, and is a total sweetheart. It’s always nice to go home… the most striking thing is how quiet it is compared to L.A.—almost disturbingly so!

We are in Seattle now, staying with our friends Scott and Holly in Greenlake. It’s a little weird to be back, and surprisingly we have to admit we miss Los Angeles a bit. We definitely miss our boys… It was pretty hard to leave them for three whole months. But on we go, I had my first costume fitting today (always fun!) and tomorrow is my first rehearsal. I can’t believe it’s already here! I’ll be sure to post all the info soon for show dates and ticket info. Hope you all had a great Monday!

1 comment:

jenny on the front porch said...

so glad to hear you're back! and I heard chad has a job!

looking forward to you living with us for a bit and then housesitting ;)

I was wondering if the kitties were coming too...worried actually-jeff is really allergic! sorry you're missing them.