Wednesday, April 2, 2008

...doo-n-doo-doo!

The sun finally shows its lovely face for two days in a row, and I could not be happier. What is better after an extended winter than jumping into a sun filled car, rolling down the window and driving around with a good cd playing? I swear, it is only 52 degrees today and I seriously saw dozens of people out there driving with the same idea as me!


Days like this get me thinking about fresh starts, new life, second chances... It's sort of a wonder we make it a habit of choosing new year's resolutions in the dead of winter. I find it so much easier on days like this to committ to making choices to better my life, my outlook, my relationships... Speaking of fresh starts, if you didn't know, our place closed last Friday so we are officially no longer home owners. It's sort of a mixed bag of relief and shock, happiness and loss... We hope to be in a position to buy again someday, but of course right now that is not even on the back-burner, it's still defrosting in the fridge. It was a great feeling while it lasted, but the strain of double housing payments was certainly starting to takes it toll on us, and for that burden to be lifted is unimagineable freedom. Life seems a little more manageable financially, and I feel like when we return to LA we will have that right of way to really pursue our dreams.

That's all for now. I hope you are all relishing this sunshine as much as I am. We need the Vitamin E!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Thanks Lindsay! It's so great to see our little tree growing! I wish I could have been there for the Seattle sun, but apparently we brought the rain to New York! How do they expect me to ride on the double decker bus in weather like this?!