Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Good News, Bad News

Starting with the bad news: neither of us got into grad school this year. Chad heard back last week and I got my letter yesterday. Like I said from the beginning we didn't expect much in the first place with this school since it is so competitive, but with anything like this I guess it takes time to process the disappointment. In my letter they indicated that I was a 'finalist', which seems nice on the surface, but I don't know that I find it much of a comfort - all it does is make me wonder: if I'd worked just a little bit harder, if I would have done A or B or C ... would I have gotten in? Of course I'll drive mysef mad if I keep on thinking like that so I'll try not to!

The GOOD news is... well there's lots of good news actually! First, now we know we don't have to move. And I don't know if you know this but moving is one of the few things in life I can honestly say I despise. And now we have a whole year to decide if we want to pursue this sort of path again, and we'll have more time to prepare for auditions next year and will probably apply to more schools as well (including USD).

More good news is that I'm working on another show - this time a new work that I'll also be writing for (it's an ensemble piece made up of monologues/writings and songs.) It feels good to stretch that writing muscle again! We also have some great stuff in the works with our acting teacher, Paul Kampf. Hopefully there will be more on that soon. :)

Closing a door (for now), opening a window.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm sorry you guys didn't get into the school, but glad you are feeling like there are still positive things going on. At least you took the first step and applied, went through the process, and know what to expect next time. I think just applying is quite an accomplishment.