Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A step in the right direction

The good news of the week is this: I am commercially represented!


This essentially means that I now have an agency/agent that is submitting me for commercial projects and (hopefully) 'going to bat' for me for auditions, bookings, contracts and payment. The funny thing is that actors can submit themselves for many of the same projects that the agents do, but actually HAVING an agent means casting directors will take you more seriously and are therefore more likely to call you in.

So let's hope that's the case. I'm dropping off my paperwork soon and then hopefully I'll be meeting with someone in person to talk turkey in the coming weeks. I don't have any lofty thoughts of fame and fortune and daily auditions just from signing with an agent, but it is certainly a step in the right direction.

3 comments:

Kristen Gough said...

congrats, lindsay! that's exciting! i always love reading updates from you about your work as an actor.

Rachel said...

I'm excited to see what happens!

Lewy said...

thanks, ladies! it is pretty exciting for me. :)