Busy days upon busy days around here, though this has been the first week in a while that I've had some down time at home - both by myself and with Chad. I definitely needed a bit of both. With the crush of rehearsals and performances and work and the ever present "what next?"-factor I had been feeling very disconnected. But I'm getting back to myself, and I'm feeling really good about the present and the future, and some specific things that are taking shape artistically and personally and career...ly. More on that as things develop. Things are always 'developing' here... Now if only they would go ahead and 'happen'! Which reminds me of a quote I stole from my acting teacher, Paul Kampf: "It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." -Leonardo da Vinci
My Sister in This House is going really great, and we have good reviews in the LA Weekly, LA Times and Backstage West. The most descriptive they have gotten specifically about my performance is in the Backstage article - Darrin and I are described as "primly seated" at the side of the stage. That kind of makes me laugh, but in reality it makes sense - we've always said that if we do our jobs well the audience will forget we are even there! Thankless work, but I really enjoy it. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.
We did get some sad news this week - Chad's grandmother, Virginia, passed away on Tuesday morning. She was 92 years old, and lived a long and healthy life filled with people she loved, and who loved her right back. I can only hope for so much! We'll all miss her sweet, gentle spirit, but take great comfort that she is resting in peace with the Lord.
Chad and Grandma - on our wedding day in 2004.
Wishing you all a wonderful week, filled with the ones you love. Cherish them always!


1 comment:
i was so sad to hear the news about virginia. these are sweet photos of her and chad.
thinking of you.
Post a Comment