Better World Shopper is a great website that came to my attention recently, and I really wanted to share it here with all of you. I could explain what they're all about, but why do that when they have already done it so concisely?
"Better World Shopper is a site dedicated to providing people with a comprehensive, up-to-date, reliable account of the social and environmental responsibility of every company on the planet AND making it available in practical forms that individuals can use in their everyday lives. Coming out of more than 5 years of intensive research, this work is based on a comprehensive database of over 1000 companies and utilizes 25+ reliable sources of data to cover everything from the environment to human rights, community development to animal protection."
Cool, yeah? I thought so.
It's not a perfect site - they use a lot of acronyms and such that you have to look up to see what they actually mean, and personally I'm always a fan of having some anecdotal data to supplement the hard facts. And if you're a skeptic you'll probably want to do your own digging on some of these claims. But I think it gives you a good overall idea of what the best and worst brands and companies are out there for everything from fast food to clothing to gasoline.
Vote with your dollar!

No comments:
Post a Comment