I think it's about time for a general update. Insert breaking news graphic and dramatic music.
- I've had 4 auditions for short films/webseries within the last week after a month-long dry spell, and I've got a non-union commercial audition lined up for tomorrow. I wish auditions were a little more consistent and evenly spaced, because when things happen all at once like this I end up feel under-prepared. I felt good about all four auditions (though I didn't book any of them), but I also know I could have done better. Live and learn.
- Chad and I are ramping up our training for the Camarillo Half-Marathon coming up in early October. The tempo runs (shorter, faster workouts) are killing us! We're definitely used to distance, not speed. Chad is my big cheerleader on those runs as I invariably start saying "I can't" and he perpetually assures me I can. On our run the other day he said "the reason we are doing this is because it's hard" and that hit the right chord with me. If it was easy already you wouldn't have to train - you'd just go out and win a marathon. Good running advice, and good life advice.
- We are waging a war on the millions of ants living under and around our apartment. It's gotten so bad that sometimes we talk about moving, but it's been noticeably better this past week so that kind of talk has died down. We do love our place...
- My full-time day job summer is past the half-way point now, and I've grown accustomed to the schedule. No more migraines (which I had the first two weeks) and the days seem to go by faster now. It's been a good thing, as much as I complain about it.
- We've been making good use of our ice cream maker and experimenting with tons of yummy flavors. The most recent resounding success was "vanilla and brown sugar" (served with an incredible fruit cobbler Chad made). Next I want to try chocolate-mint-grasshopper-cookies-and-cream. Then maybe something crazy like lavender or Earl Grey tea...
And that's life in my little corner of the galaxy today. Cheers to you and yours, wherever you may be!
2 comments:
I love that you learned a life lesson during your training. If marathons were easy, they wouldn't be a worthy challenge. If marriage or parenthood were always easy, we wouldn't continually be shaped and honed by the experience. It's in the difficulty that we are stretched and we learn. Keep up the good work, you two.
That is so true, Rachel - it can be so hard to remember while you're in the middle of it, when it's the toughest, but that is exactly when we are handed the opportunity to grow!
Post a Comment