Friday, August 20, 2010

The Final Countdown

Ten weeks ago I had ten weeks of 9-5's staring me in the face. Today I am celebrating my final full-time-day-job day! I go back to part-time next week, and I have a feeling it will seem like a vacation compared to this... I've actually been totally exhausted the past few days, so this is coming just in time.

There's been a sort of buzz of activity lately on the creative front, which has been reassuring, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't just a phase. I had a short film audition earlier this week, have another one later today for a promising independent feature, and two next week for plays (one of which is for the go-to casting director for many of the SoCal Equity theatre companies.) Good stuff!

Chad and I also celebrated our anniversary this past Sunday - 6 years! We had a super nice, laid back day that started off with a ten mile run, followed by a trip to our farmer's market, Scott Pilgrim vs the World (loved it - fun flick!), happy hour at a wine bar, and dinner at a great little Italian place called Il Capriccio. Movies and dinner/drinks out are such big treats for us these days - it was really nice to let loose for once and indulge our own petite incarnation of bourgeois life.

Hope you enjoy this second-to-last weekend of August... We'll be trying to stay cool with 90° temps on the agenda!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Happy anniversary, and happy end of full-time work! I hope things continue to go well for you. I look forward to hearing about the result of all these auditions.