Friday, August 13, 2010

Mizuno: Never Settle.

I had a rare print audition today, for Mizuno running.  Print auditions are kind of sweet, because most of the time they take literally 10 minutes - you just pop in and have your picture taken. But that's also what kinda sucks about them I guess... especially when you are standing there feeling awkward, short and pale as a fish in just your running shorts and a sports bra, while everyone else is fabulously toned, tan and trendy.

Here's what  I look like when I run. In my mind.

 
And here is the reality:


Anyway, bad race photos aside, my dedicated runner-ness got me into this audition, which is great, but print auditions consistently leave me with the lingering feeling of "why would anyone want a picture of me?", so I guess that'll tell you what what I think my chances are to book this thing.

And to think.... I even wear Mizunos! :)

At any rate, it was good to put that "Marathoner" special skill on my resume to work for once. Hopefully there will be similar opportunities in the future.

3 comments:

Tyler said...

Funny -- I went in for this too, as a "softball guy." Hope one of us books this bastard...

Lewy said...

Ha! Awesome. I say we BOTH book it. :)

Rachel said...

I think you look pretty incredible in your running photos. Mizuno would be lucky to have you in their ads.