Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Good Haps

Lots of good haps around here lately, including a trio of commercial auditions (two of which I scored callbacks from!) and a few other auditions for small independent films with a lot of promise. It's nice to go out a little more often - auditions feel way more comfortable when they are not a rare event.


Fall has finally arrived in LA, and it has meant some beautiful rainy days. Nice weather for staying in and baking bread and roasting butternut squash - not so nice for driving all over the city trying to get to auditions on time. As soon as the raindrops start falling half of the population goes wack-a-doodle and forgets how to drive. Not us PNW natives! We could drive in the rain with our eyes crossed behind our backs.

Look at this! Clover, growing in my tomato planters! I know it shouldn't be there, but it is just so darn cute... No more tomatoes on the vines for now, but I'm hoping for a second crop if the sun comes back... I've also got mint and basil that are both doing pretty good.

The kitties seem to be hunkering down for the fall/winter. Instead of goofing around all day they nap together on our bed and are pretty disgruntled if I disturb them. Hmm... maybe they have the right idea...

Speaking of winter, we officially purchased our plane tickets home for Christmas! There was some doubt as to whether we'd be able to make it up this year, but I am so happy it worked out for the best. I can't wait to see family and friends, meet our two new baby girl cousins, drink good coffee and breathe that cool, clean Seattle air...  It's been a whole year since we were home, and that feels like far too long.

Hope you're enjoying the sights, sounds and flavors of the season wherever you are!

3 comments:

Kristen Gough said...

sooo happy you'll both be here for christmas! it will be great to see you and catch up in person! xo

Unknown said...

congrats on the auditions, and great pics!

Rachel said...

It will be so good to see you at Christmas! Amelia and Josie are anxious to meet you. Let us know how the auditions turn out.