One! It has been HOT. I'll wager our weather has made the news wherever you are. I have never experienced anything like it. When you're standing in the kitchen and think to yourself "Wow! I am going to fall over!" - then it is too hot. When the cats don't leave the bathroom all day because it's slightly cooler right next to the toilet? Too hot. When all of your clothing, bedding, furniture feels like it has just come out of the dryer and the air feels like a convection oven? Yes... it is too, too, too hot. Thankfully LA's fever has now dropped, and Wednesday we were treated to an other-worldly sunset-to-twilight sky of pink, orange and gray clouds, cut with lightning and raindrops and yes, even a rainbow all the way across the sky. I've never been so happy to get rained on during a run.
Two! Speaking of running, our half-marathon is this Sunday and it ain't. gonna. be. pretty. Trust me. I'm hoping I do not cross the finish line as a quadruped. Our training for this baby was marred from the start and never quite got un-marred, so goodbye PR, and hello PF (Please Finish).
Three! I had a commercial callback yesterday - I believe this was my first CB for a paid commercial. It went good, not great. We'll see. I'm not keeping my fingers crossed. It sure would be hard to type if I did.
Four! Chad shot three nights on an independent short film in Palm Springs this week. From what he tells me it is the real deal - the production company knows what they're doing and to him it felt like a professional, big budget film set. It's a WWII film, and Chad's scene was shot in an actual B-17 (?) Bomber. Sounds nifty, huh? I asked him last night if he was enjoying the experience (Chad is big on planes/WWII), and his response was "everything except when we are shooting"...! Apparently those bombers (particularly the 'bubble' where Chad was placed) are incredibly cramped and got ridiculously hot under all the lighting. Add to that his wardrobe - authentic WWII aviation gear - and he was just about medium rare.
Five! I'm back in the improv groove, with two shows coming up at the end of the month! I will let our poster say everything you need to know about the show, and bid you a happy October. :)


4 comments:
The photos are amazing, it looks like you caught a helicopter in the rainbow..good luck with the 1/2marathon and the Improv shows...do I know you? LOL! Mom
You are so brave. Improv AND a half marathon?! Impressive. I'm glad the heat has abated, and I hope it starts getting progressively cooler for you guys down there. I can't wait to hear how the race and the callback turn out.
Mum - I can't take credit for the lightning/rainbow photo (someone was lucky enough to catch that, but it wasn't me!) The other one I did take. :) Now we're rainy and cloudy down here - just how I like it!
Rachel - Thanks!! I'm excited for the improv shows, and the race went better than expected. I'll blog about it soon! :)
That poster is so awesome I am tempted to make your face from it my new Facebook profile picture. The only picture I can think of that is equally awesomely crazy is John Malkovich's on the RED posters.
Post a Comment