Sunday, July 24, 2011

My First Commercial

As some of you know, I magically ended up booking the commercial I had been "on avail" for! Needless to say I was pretty darn happy to book my first commercial in LA, despite the fact that it was a non-union gig for relatively little pay (in commercial terms, that is - which is still an embarassing daily rate in real-life.) Booking anything at all is no easy feat here, and booking a role for which literally hundreds of actors were considered is even tougher!

 The spot is for a Capital One/NCAA online campaign, and it is part of their "Capital One Bowl Mascot Challenge". They shot at least 10 different spots for the different well known NCAA mascots (the Oregon Duck, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, etc.), which should start airing online towards the end of August. You know I'll post my spot here!
In the makeup trailer! Ready to shoot!
My particular scene was with Hairy Dog, of the University of Georgia Bull Dogs. It's a cute little scene (that I won't spoil here), and the shoot itself went really well. Afterwards both the director and producer specifically told me that I did a great job, and was super funny (Tina Fey comparison for the win!) ... and that they would be keeping me in their files for future gigs. :) Yessss.....
I sat by this pool (my "trailer") for 7 hours, then shot my scene in under an hour.
Onward!

No comments: