Hello Hello! It's been a while since I had a proper update over here. After all that excitement with Switched at Birth I guess things just seemed quiet. Funny, that! Life goes back to normal and somehow it feels like nothing ever happened.
But onward I go, still in search of a theatrical agent... the two agencies the SAB casting director pitched me to didn't work out (one took a meeting with me and "passed", the other did not bring me in for a meeting), so I've been putting myself out there in multiple ways - mailings, referrals, workshops, showcases... I had a showcase last night for five pretty solid agents; we'll see if any of them bite. I am certainly more marketable now that I am AFTRA and SAG-eligible, with a real credit on my resume, but like everything in Hollywood, it is 90% about being in the right place at the right time. So I just continue putting out 100% of my talent and hard work, hoping that the right agent will line up and need a "me" on their roster.
Some good news: I went on a commercial audition Friday, was called back Tuesday, and Wednesday I heard from my agent that I got an "on avail". What does this mean? Well... it's better than a callback, but not quite as good as flat-out booking it. Basically they are "reserving" me, in case they decide to cast me. So I am about as close as you can get to booking a job... without actually booking it yet. And I will probably not book it at all. Confusing? Yeah, tell me about it. A lot of actors call it "limbo" which is pretty much as accurate a description there is. I just have to wait for the call from my agent letting me know that either they've booked me, or they are releasing me from the avail and I can go my merry way. In any case, it is a GOOD thing because they clearly liked what they saw in the room!
| I'll get there eventually... |
So that is the news from Hollywood as of late. The news from not-Hollywood is that we're going camping this weekend at Lake Arrowhead with our friends Jarred and Sarah! This is an attempt to escape CARMAGEDDON, which threatens to choke every inch of Southland roads this weekend. Though I think we are not the only ones with this idea - we snagged the second to last campsite for about 100 miles!
And finally --- my episode of "Switched at Birth" will air August 1st! Set your DVR's! :)
3 comments:
you don't need to set your DVRs...it is available online...my mom started watching the show after you said you were on and she likes it!
hope you get that booking!
can't wait to watch and also prayers for the booking!!! thanks for the update hope your weekend is wonderful!
Thanks ladies!! Yeah, I've been watching it online as well. It's pretty good! I have a feeling they will be picked up... fingers crossed.
Aaaand, just between you and me... I did book the commercial. :) I'll be posting about it after the shoot next week! Yippeeee!
Post a Comment