I can't believe it's here!!
48 hours from now I will be approximately 6 to 7 miles in to the LA Marathon, hopefully feeling strong & NOT battling the rain, wind and thunderstorms that are currently predicted for Sunday. :P Chad and I are thinking through our game plan (mostly meaning our "gear" plan) for the weather - not much you can really do, since one thing you do not want to do on race day is make a drastic change from what you've been doing in your training. The plan thus far is to layer up with old clothes and a garbage bag poncho to keep warm and dry at the start, then ditch it all once we get going (the marathon donates any "dropped" clothing to charity.)
One thing we don't have to worry about is getting to and from the race! Our wonderful friends Erika and Tyler have offered to drive us to the start line early Sunday morning and pick us up at the finish, all in exchange for babysitting their cutie pie kiddo a few weeks ago. I think we are getting the better end of that deal... :)
If you'd like to track my progress on race day you can do so on Facebook (if we're friends) or Twitter (@lewlabee) - my "splits" will be updated automatically when I cross markers at 10k, 20k, 30k, 40k, and the finish line. You can also sign up for email or text alerts at www.lamarathon.com/runner-info/race-day-tracking.
And of course I will re-cap here when I catch my breath and recover a little! Hopefully with some photos!!
No comments:
Post a Comment