Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hello Hello

Hmmm... 1 month+ since my last post? Really? Yikes.

It's been a busy month, that's for sure. Between working full time, going to school part time, training for a marathon and trying to fit in ... you know ... "life" and "being an actor", I'm pretty occupied just keeping my head above water. But if you know me, you also know that this is how I roll.

And I think I am rolling successfully so far. Not that it hasn't been hard. The time management issues are easy for my "work brain" to navigate. Not so easy are the irritating morale issues that have been creeping into my "actor brain". I've been feeling really discouraged lately by the lack of auditions/opportunities/creative outlets, and I'll be honest - it is a tough mindset for me to crawl out of (and stay out of.) I keep hearing myself say "All I need is that one thing to keep my spirits up - one audition, callback, booking..." But maybe the lesson here is that I shouldn't have to rely on those things to stay positive. In the meantime, I'm updating my reel! Take a look?




Marathon training has been going surprisingly well (knock on wood). We did a hilly 17.5 two Sundays ago, and oddly enough it felt better than 15 felt three weeks ago. It wasn't lightning fast, but just getting to the finish line is all I care about come March 18th - PR is decidedly NOT happening for me this time around. This past Sunday we had planned to do our final long run of 20 miles, but the heat got the better of us and we had to settle for 16.5 miles. Not the ideal way to finish out your training, but you have to play the hand you're dealt. Now we "taper" until race day, meaning we do easy short(er) runs to rest up, and hope for mild conditions - I'm thinking 60° and maybe a light drizzle...

I'm also excited to say that Chad and I have also reached our fundraising goals for ThinkCure! Together we've raised $1,095 for cancer research! Pretty darn inspiring - I know all that support will help us get through the hardest miles at the end of the course. Just 11 days to go!



2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm inspired by all you're juggling and really impressed with your marathon training!

Best of luck!

Unknown said...

Glad to see you back posting! And nice work on the reel!