Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Good things to come.

I’m back. Hi. How are you?

It’s been a little while! I guess we all need a break now and then. I haven’t been exceedingly busy or anything lately, and it’s certainly not that there’s nothing to write about. I’ve just been uninspired. I find myself wondering who this blog is for, who actually reads this, is it worth reading at all... I like to write. I like the idea that I’m keeping friends and family in the know about my life. But sometimes I have a hard time imagining you out there, in your busy and hectic life, sitting at your computer, taking the time to read about what I’m doing when it isn't very interested to begin with. So is it worth it for me to say anything at all?

So there’s my little pity party – it’s done, I’m taking down the streamers and the Eeyore-shaped piñata. Glad it’s out of my system! And of course I am going to keep writing. Even if it’s just for myself, to make some sense out of the world and try to capture the things I might forget if I don’t put them down "on paper”.

So. Life. What’s happening.

I’m in a play. Chad is in the same play. This is a different play than the play we were in together before. I love that we have had the chance twice in less than two months to be in the same show. Chad is amazing.

We’re trying to run more, cycle more. It’s hard when we don’t get home from rehearsal until 11:30pm and I have to get up 5:30 or 6am. This is one early-bird who is used to hitting the hay at 10. But we found a gorgeous new cycling route and a running path near our house which I think will help get us out the door more often.

I’ve been walking to work (2 miles each way) and I relish the time to think.

I’ve stopped eating meat.

My great-aunt Annie passed away in January. She was a wonderful lady, kind and warm. She came to Canada from Holland, and we called her Tante Annie. She was an amazing cook - I remember her delicious lasagna, Appelbollen on New Years Eve (battered and fried apple slices dusted with powdered sugar) and "tipsy pudding", which was sort of like an English trifle. She had a beautiful, sweetly lilting Dutch accent. She is missed.

We have a big audition coming up later this month and, as with a lot of big auditions, I don’t really want to elaborate because I feel like that might jinx it. I will say that it would be absolutely life changing – and that the odds are not in our favor. I try not to focus on it too much (aside from preparing, of course!) but its hard when you want something so badly you can envision exactly what it would be like if you got it. But we’re prepared to accept whatever happens and either way there are good things to come.

We’re really enjoying “Dexter” on Netflix. It’s gory, but golly the acting is great. Netflix is the best thing that ever happened to our TV.

I’m excited for the Oscars. For once I’ve seen almost every Best Pic nominee!

Thanks for reading, I really hope you are doing well. I promise I will be back here soon, with photos, updates, thoughts and/or stories!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm reading!!!

Dexter is so addicting, when netflix runs out of seasons try tvshack.net ;)

I love reading about your life in my old city!

Break a leg on that audition, if that's the right term!

Rachel said...

I'm reading, too! Especially since you're far away, it's nice to feel connected to your life in this personal way. And I love the way you described your Tante Annie. She sounds wonderful. I hope you're doing well.

Kerry said...

Hiya Sis!
I read too! :D
And thank you for the picture you sent me. I greatly appreciate it. I know how you wanted to be in Canada for the funeral. Check your email, I'm going to send you some pics I took.
Love always
Kerry

Kristen Gough said...

i always love reading your updates, lindsay! so fun that you and chad are in another production together. and i'm excited to hear more about your audition, if/when you're ready to share about it! you and chad are both such talented actors, lindsay!

Lewy said...

Thank you everyone! It is nice to know you are out there (I've always known you are, I just seem to forget sometimes. :) Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your blog, I was missing it! Mom