Nice Ten on Ten. It was fun to see some "about town" shots. I don't really miss LA, but it's still cool to see some familiar places. What building is it that has that domed glass ceiling? It reminds me a little of the train station.
Thanks! The photo of the glass dome was actually taken at the Glendale Galleria. I never really noticed it until yesterday - I'm usually focused on getting OUT of there. It's insane! :)
Those peaks are part of the Angeles National Forest. They get snow up there every year, but this year it has been colder and rainier than usual so it's even prettier than usual!
and on another topic...paula was telling me today about you and chad drinking chocolate milk as a recovery drink, post-marathon? i would love any tips from you two pros!
Thanks Jeff! I love that sign - Couldn't resist as we were driving home from rehearsal.
Kristen - chocolate milk, absolutely! I don't know the nutritional science behind it, but apparently it is a great recovery drink with lots of carbs AND protein - just what your muscles need to heal and strengthen. Also one of my favorite post-run or day-after meals is oatmeal with banana slices and slivered raw almonds with a cup of coffee. The combination of all those things together is meant to speed recovery.
Boy, now I wish I was training for something! I'm really enjoying reading up on your experience. :)
9 comments:
Nice Ten on Ten. It was fun to see some "about town" shots. I don't really miss LA, but it's still cool to see some familiar places. What building is it that has that domed glass ceiling? It reminds me a little of the train station.
Thanks! The photo of the glass dome was actually taken at the Glendale Galleria. I never really noticed it until yesterday - I'm usually focused on getting OUT of there. It's insane! :)
I know! That place is huge and noisy and kind of yucky. But at least they have a nice skylight.
is that snow? i don't think i've ever seen that in LA.
Those peaks are part of the Angeles National Forest. They get snow up there every year, but this year it has been colder and rainier than usual so it's even prettier than usual!
The cats always crack me up.
:D
love your set, lindsay!
and on another topic...paula was telling me today about you and chad drinking chocolate milk as a recovery drink, post-marathon? i would love any tips from you two pros!
some great shots, Lindsay - love the one of the Los Feliz 3! fun to see :)
Thanks Jeff! I love that sign - Couldn't resist as we were driving home from rehearsal.
Kristen - chocolate milk, absolutely! I don't know the nutritional science behind it, but apparently it is a great recovery drink with lots of carbs AND protein - just what your muscles need to heal and strengthen. Also one of my favorite post-run or day-after meals is oatmeal with banana slices and slivered raw almonds with a cup of coffee. The combination of all those things together is meant to speed recovery.
Boy, now I wish I was training for something! I'm really enjoying reading up on your experience. :)
Post a Comment