Monday, November 9, 2009

Deck Time

There is a daily event on Waverly Drive called Deck Time...A chance for kitties big and small to take their daily consitutional, get some fresh air and relax in a sunny spot (where they are, as you plainly see, perfectly lit and impossible to not photograph)...
During their daily Deck Time kitties explore a wide range of activities, such as lounging, bird watching, lounging, bug hunting, lounging, and leaf eating (a discouraged, though inevitable vice.)
There is no hissing, caterwauling or swiping of paws during deck time. It is neutral territory, devoid of conflict or ill will. If the Waverly House were in the world of West Side Story, Deck Time would be The Gym.
In a little less than two weeks there will be no more Deck Time... It just won't be safe for them to explore the Chevy Chase yard unsupervised. I only hope our kitties can understand when we look into their sad, pleading eyes and have to say "no sweetie, I'm sorry...you can't go outside today."

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I think I'm coming to this late, but why are you guys moving?

Lewy said...

I don't think I ever explained it well... basically we've lived with another couple (really good friends of ours) for two years and while that has been fun and we live in an amazing house, we all feel it's time to go off on our own now. Time to take off the training wheels, I guess. :)