We have some incredible friends here in LA, and were very blessed to spend our Thanksgiving dinner with some of them. Our friends Dave and Mandy hosted (their first time, I believe!) and made an enormous, juicy bird, mashed potatoes and casserole, and everyone else brought a dish along: cornbread stuffing, mouth-wateringly sweet sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce from scratch, sweet Hawaiian rolls... Gorgeous, gorgeous spread! And for dessert, our contributions of pumpkin pie, apple pie and chocolate cheesecake (and don't forget Chad's punch.)
The food always seems to be the star of the day, but for me the true joy is spending time with people you love and support, and who love and support you right back. We could have had pizza and pop for all I care - the real memories I'll take away are about the people - catching up and playing games and just being together.
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. See you on the other side of it! The Christmas side! :)
1 comment:
we missed you this year!
julia and jon came for dessert and even brought an incredible side!
Post a Comment